How to compliment a guy? You like a guy’s pretty body or sharp style, but how do you tell him? You can use compliments to build chemistry in your relationship, especially in the early stages. We’ve got you covered if you’re looking for the perfect compliment to tell a guy you find attractive via text. Here’s our complete guide to complimenting a guy’s looks.
Compliments for men: What Works?
You may wonder what makes a good compliment for a man, or how to compliment a guy you like. Several elements are essential as it starts with the delivery. Timing is everything. Also, make sure the tone is right. Don’t leave any room for misinterpretation.
You also have to consider the compliment’s content. Don’t be vague. Don’t backhandedly compliment. Men can see straight through pity-based compliments. You should compliment the man in your life at an appropriate time. In the end, the continent must fit the situation. If the compliment is inappropriate or mistimed, it will not be well received. Pitying is not liked.
How to Compliment a guy (Complimenting a Guy the Right Way)
However, before you get into our list of compliments, here are some ideas for offering him a sincere compliment. The following points are worth considering, but we know the guy better than we do:
- Stay true to yourself. Don’t be fooled by empty flattery. Believe what he knows to be true. When you compliment his eyes, ensure you get the colors right.
- Give without ulterior motives and with sincerity. Complimenting him will not make him open to you or make him more amenable to your request.
- Please be specific. “You look good” is okay, but “I love that color on you” or “You look handsome in that shirt” are better.
- Learn what he values most. Your compliments will miss their mark and further alienate him if you don’t know (or care) what he values most.
- Focus on his best qualities. Celebrate his progress if he has been working on self-improvement (hit the gym, volunteer, take risks, etc.).
Do not overlook praise-worthy traits he is less aware of. Bring his attention to things you appreciate about him.
Timing is everything. Make sure you don’t interrupt him while he’s concentrating on something.
Don’t expect a return compliment. Do not compliment him in hopes that he will compliment you back.
Let him know how you feel. Tell him when he makes you feel safe, respected, beautiful, etc.
Compliment for men (they love to hear)
1. Compliment his appearance
How to compliment a guy? Having an impression of your guy will make him happy. Let him know you’re into his looks-you don’t necessarily need to explain why. It can start some adorable conversations.
- You’re so stunning.
- You sort of shine.
- I have to admit that your looks caught my eye.
- Good looks make you stand out in crowds.
- Look super manly today. I like it.
- That tie/suit/outfit looks great on you!
- I love being wrapped in your sexy arms.
- Laughing makes you look beautiful.
- When you cry, you look beautiful.
- You always look so handsome in messy hair.
2. Compliment him on his intelligence
Lots of guys feel their intelligence goes unnoticed. People only look at what’s on the surface; they think. Compliment his intelligence by saying:
- You remind me of a search engine! It always amazes me how much you know about just about everything.
- Your professionalism always impresses me. That must make building relationships easier for you.
- Your career is so meaningful. One day I hope to find a career as fulfilling as yours.
- Do you have a dream? Due to your intelligent and charismatic nature, it’s a good chance. Please consider me.
- You always answer questions well. Your thoughts are always so well thought out.
3. Compliments showing respect
Many studies have shown that men perceive respect as love and place a greater emphasis on feeling respected than on feeling loved. It’s essential to be aware that your man likely wants to feel respected in your relationship, although I don’t believe these studies necessarily mean much on an individual level. You can tell him these things:
- I like you.
- You’re awesome.
- I respect you so much.
- Each time I see you, you do a better job of being yourself.
- It took great courage to admit you were wrong/apologize/have that difficult conversation back there… I admire you for doing that. You were impressive.
- I admire how forgiving you are with the people closest to you. To be the bigger man back there took a lot of strength, and you did it very well.
- My friends/parents/coworkers love how considerate you are. Thanks for being so considerate.
4. It’s cheesy, but pick-up lines are also cute
With a pick-up line, you can show that not only are you into him, but you also have your personality. A classic pick-up line is always a hit with guys who have a sense of humor:
- I find you so captivating; how are you an artist?
- I’d set you to stun if I were a taser.
- You’re the sexiest man I’ve ever seen. I know honesty is the best policy, so you are a completely honest man.
How to Compliment a Guy (More Tips)
5. Compliments that show trust
When a man is believed in and supported by his partner, he melts. I heard this from my male readers when I asked them about writing this article.
A client said, “I feel like a superhero when she says ‘I believe in you.'”
- You are my hope.
- You’re so driven.
- I know you can achieve whatever you set your mind to. You always have.
- People want to work with/for you because they trust you. Hopefully, you’re great at what you do.
- Congratulations on the raise/new job. Everybody knows how talented and hardworking you are. I’m so proud of you.
- Your life has already been filled with so much success. I trust that you will continue to accomplish many more great things in the future. You will take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.
Conclusion (How to compliment a guy )
You can share these enormous compliments with a man in your life. While it is essential to consider the content of the compliment, it is also important to consider the style, tone, and situation.
Despite having a solid compliment, you may not be delivering it appropriately in some situations. Consider implementing some of these compliments. If you try them, you may find that they go a lot further than any other compliment you may have tried before.