Signs that your ex just wants to be friends: It’s been a while since you broke up with your ex, and you’re beginning to wonder if he or she has any interest in getting back together.
As you start thinking about rekindling the romance, however, it can be difficult to know if your ex is truly interested in that prospect or if he or she simply wants to remain friends—and perhaps keep you as an emotional crutch.
Here are 10 signs your ex just wants to be friends, along with advice on how to cope when you see these signs.
– The Top 10 Signs the Dumper Wants You Back After a Breakup
– Try This for a Week to Get Your Ex Back and Rebuild Trust
Signs that your ex just wants to be friends
1) he is not trying to get back together :
If your ex has made it clear that he or she is not interested in reuniting, then chances are he simply wants to be friends.
If he really wanted to get back together, he would work much harder to make it happen.
For example, you may have noticed that he has been making plans with other people without mentioning you at all.
He may also stop initiating contact with you entirely, which should tell you everything you need to know about his state of mind.
2) he Doesn’t Initiate Contact Anymore :
One of the most telling signs that your ex just wants to be friends is that he no longer initiates contact with you.
Similarly, if you’re the one making plans with him and initiating hangouts, it seems that he no longer has romantic feelings for you.
3) his Reactions are Neutral:
If your ex’s reactions to seeing you are lukewarm, it’s a telltale sign that he’s moved on.
If he is happy to see you but not over-the-top excited, it means he still cares about you but isn’t invested in the relationship anymore.
4) he isn’t Interested in You Emotionally:
He doesn’t care about your feelings, and he isn’t invested in your relationship.
He might say things like, I don’t want to hurt you, or I still care about you, but I’m not in love with you. If this is how he feels, it’s best to move on.
5) he Only Mentioned the Relationship When Talking About Feelings:
Your ex brings up the relationship when they’re talking about their feelings, but never in any other context, which is a strong indicator that he just wants to be friends.
6. his Boundaries Are Clear (No More Late Night Chats, No More Joking Around About Getting Back Together…)
If your ex is maintaining a clear boundary between you two, it’s likely that they’re not interested in getting back together.
If they wanted to pursue a romantic relationship with you, they wouldn’t be so quick to cut off communication and set clear boundaries.
7. He Wants To Keep Things Amicable Between You
If your ex goes out of their way to keep things amicable between you, it’s a sign he just wants to be friends.
This doesn’t remove that he can text you randomly, check in on how you’re doing, or even casually hang out with you from time to time like a friend.
8. his Behavior Changes For The Better After The Breakup
If your ex suddenly starts behaving better after the breakup, it’s a clear sign he just wants to be friends. No longer do they post spiteful things about you on social media or try to make you jealous by dating other people. Instead, he acts like the break-up never even happened.
9. He doesn’t chase you anymore
It’s been a few weeks since your breakup, and you’re starting to feel like things are getting back to normal. You text your ex, and they respond, but they don’t seem as eager as they used to be.
In fact, it seems like they’re pulling away from you.
When you ask them about it, they say that now that the relationship is over, they just want to be friends.
10. He expresses interest in staying in touch and being friends, but doesn’t make any effort to actually do so :
If he wants to stay friends but makes no effort, this is one of the signs that your ex only wants to be friends.
If his interest seems sincere, but he isn’t making a single move towards reaching out, then you need to question his intentions.
11. They act like the break-up never even happened :
– He doesn’t bring up the breakup or any of the reasons why things ended.
– Your ex acts like you never even fought or had any disagreements.
– He goes out of his way to do things that he knows you don’t like or wouldn’t make you happy.
– it’s possible also for him to talk about other people they’re dating or interested in, without any jealousy or anger towards you.
12. You hear from him only when he needs something from you :
It’s been a few weeks since the breakup, and you haven’t heard from your ex at all. Suddenly, he pops up out of nowhere and sends you a text.
You might think he’s reaching out because he misses you, but more likely, he just needs something from you.
If it is not money or time, then it may help with something for his new girlfriend that he found. He’s giving you the opportunity to do him a favor so that you can be nice and endear yourself back into his life.
Even if he asks for nothing in return, know that this is not an attempt at getting back together or being friends; this is simply an opportunity for him to utilize your services.
13. He talks about his own dating life and new partners casually :
It can be really confusing when your ex starts talking about his new partner or other people they’re dating.
On one hand, it could be a sign that they’ve moved on and are trying to make you feel comfortable by being open and honest about his dating life.
But on the other hand, it could also be a sign that they’re not over you yet and are still hoping to get back together.
More Signs that your ex just wants to be friends
– He asks how you’re doing, but don’t inquire about your love life.
– Your ex asks how you’re doing, but doesn’t inquire about your love life.
– He talks about your shared interests but never brings up any memories of your relationship.
– He’s always available to talk or hang out, but never initiates plans with you.
– He responds to your texts and calls promptly, but his replies are shorter and less personal than they used to be.
If your ex is trying to be friends with you, it’s important to remember that it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
However, if you’re not ready to be friends with your ex, that’s okay too. You can always take things slow and see how things progress.